Tunisian company for petroleum Activities (ETAP), the national oil company, was created by Law n° 72-22 of10th March 1972 in order to increase control and actively and directly participate in all hydrocarbons related operations.
Its initial objective primarily focused on:
- Undertake studies in petroleum-related sector.
- Tunisian executives learning and development in various oil industries.
- Possible intervention in generally all operations, notably commercial, industrial, real estate, capital and financial relating directly or indirectly to hydrocarbons sector.
The focus of the current mission is on:
- Promoting hydrocarbon sector in Tunisia.
- Management of national patrimony.
- Conducting studies of developing discoveries.
- Developing oil and gas productions, in which ETAP is partner.
- Promoting and developing marginal fields.
- Supplying national market with natural gas and crude oil.
- Providing techno-economic projects related to oil, gas and related industries.
- Providing services in fields of seismic processing, deposits simulation and exploration-production laboratories.