The Zahret Midyen block is located in Northern onshore Tunisia.
The Zahret Midyen block located within two structural domains, from North to South:
- The overthrust domain called locally the “Flysh Numidian” domain, characterized by thrust sheets trending NE-SW involving series of the Oligo-Miocene,
- The folded foredeep domain called locally the “Tellian domain”, characterized by the presence of anticlines bounded by NE-SW reverse faults and NW-SE strike slip faults.
Reservoirs and Seals
- Potential reservoirs would include Oligo-Miocene clastic turbidites within the Numidian flysch and Eocene and Upper Cretaceous fractured carbonate.
- The Cretaceous and Lower Eocene organic-rich facies, identified around the acreage, are expected to be also potential source rock in Zahret Midyen Block.
- Traps could be mainly structural, with thrust-related types. The identified channel of the Numidian series could be a good trap too.